Sunday, July 19, 2009

Busy-ness...

I need to show my blog some love!! I'll have the Big Sissy's race report up soon since she finally sent it to me...but first I must edit because we all know about the dog (who has made a miraculous recovery...thank goodness) and well because it's my blog and for once I can print what I want...call it repressed pride of authorship for all of those Christmas letters I wrote that were hilarious only to be edited to a more tame and way less funny outcome because someone didn't like something I said!! :) I promise not to butcher it too much Mooch.
I spent this week slowly getting reacquainted with my running shoes...and by slowly I mean after 10 days I finally went for a run...and of course I chose the hottest most humid day to venture out, but I lived to tell the tale and I wasn't even too sore the next day, so we'll classify it as a success...but the reality is I need to get back out there and start getting some base miles in before marathon training starts in full at the beginning of August...this is so against my procrastinating tendencies...so maybe I'll start tomorrow!
For today's project I made pickles...random I know...especially since I've never made pickles before let alone canned anything BUT from my initial (completely amateur) opinion, I think I did a good job...it appears I ended up with a good seal on all 8 jars...so in a couple of days we'll see how they taste. The garden is doing so well...I never imagined I'd enjoy it so much or have as many cucumbers as I do...next year maybe I'll plant some cucumbers that are supposed to be made into pickles, this year we'll just have to improvise! The tomato plants have a million green tomatoes which are all of a sudden turning red in big numbers instead of the one or two every few days I've been getting...just yesterday this is what I picked... ...and the most exciting news is that I've got baby green peppers!!! I'm so excited!

...aren't they cute?!!? I'm already planning for the fall and next year so that I can better use the space I've made...but an expansion is definitely in the plan...especially now that I'm a master canner (spelled correctly just for you Lee!!!)!! Ha! Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

Lee the Cyclist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee the Cyclist said...

Glad to hear the dog is good. Your veggies look great! I have a zuchini plant that is going wild.

Now, I don't want to be the one to correct your blog, especially after your opening comments. So I just have to asked. Is your statement that you are a "master caner" a typo or do you harbor a secret desire to be a catholic school princal?

Say hi to your running shoes for me. I don't know where mine are right now.

Lee the Cyclist said...

Of course, who am I talk to talk about typos when I mispell my own punchline. That should be "catholic school principal".

Michelle said...

she would have never made it as a catholic school anything!!! too many restrictions and rules : ) that being said, i am impressed by the canning and the green finger. I have one tomato, LOTS of peppers and herbs. since it is finally warm i suspect i am soon going to have millions of tomatoes and may need canning lessons.

Nicole said...

I fixed it for you Lee!! And you are sooo right Mooch...of course you might not have made it either except that you had friends in high places!! :)