Monday, May 11, 2009

A Poopy New Trend...

As I was out for a run yesterday I had time to ponder a disturbing new trend I seem to have been noticing lately....people who leave their bags of dog poop on the side of the trail. Really people, is it so hard to carry that specimen to the trash can? I'm not anti-dog...in fact, anyone who has read this blog knows that in my house live 2 ultra cute and completely spoiled 4 legged monster dogs. Ever since the Big Dog came into our lives 9 years ago we have had plastic bags stashed and tied every where, just in case we are out and about and he needs to take care of some business. I'm not going to lie...there are times we have forgotten a bag and had to make do with some less than desirable clean up methods, but here's the thing...we still clean it up. Poop Bag Leavin' Ladies and Gentleman (PBLL&G) those stations along the trails are put there just in case you forget to bring your own bag....not because someone else is miraculously going to throw your bag in the trash can for you! During the course of my 10 mile run yesterday I counted 8 bags along side the trail...EIGHT...and I ran out and back which means during the course of 5 miles there were 8 bags...one being freshly left by a PBLL&G...most were within a tenth mile of a trash can, some were even closer. Here's what gets me most worked up...the PBLL&G I watched pick up the poop and promptly leave her bag at that very spot I had this conversation with...
Me: Aren't you going to take that to the trash can?
PBLL&G: Ummm (avoiding making eye contact)...I'll get it on my way back
Me: Yeah I'm sure you will (with a roll of the eyes to add to my sarcastic tone)
...Not surprisingly the bag was still on the ground when I ran by on the way back to my car...anyone out there want to help me set up a 12 step program, we can call it Poop Bag Leavers Anonymous! Hope everyone's week is off to a good start! :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ladies and Gentlemen do not leave poop bags...so perhaps that is generous of you!! At least she put it in a bag better than some people but still not great!

Michelle said...

OMG...we were out for a run today and someone left their poop bag along the side of the sidewalk...in a neighborhood!!! Too lazy to carry it home?!* You have got to be kidding me!

Michelle said...

How's Bear????