Sunday, August 2, 2009

Salsa Sunday...

Salsa Sunday...started with the past few days tomato crop...yes Dad those are all from my plants the past few days...eat your heart out!! (Although if you were closer, I'd share) ...First order of business was to remove the skins from the tomatoes...after much searching of the internet I found a nice little trick that was so simple and cut my chopping time down to nearly nothing...first you dip the tomato in the hot boiling water....
...30 seconds later you dunk it in ice water and waala...skins slide right off...it was awesome!

....skinned and chopped up into the pan they went with the other salsa ingredients...while we simmered away I got the jars ready...

...and BAM! I've got salsa....perfect!

...Hope everyone is having an awesome Salsa Sunday...marathon training starts tomorrow...YIKES...I'm not sure the track will remember my name! :)

3 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Looks pretty good to me.

Funny, I was just thinking this morning how marathon season training is about to start for many.

Lee the Cyclist said...

Hurray for Salsa Sunday! It looks very tasty.

When's the marathon? You people who can run that long (time wise) have my respect. I get bored with running around the 35 minute mark.

Michelle said...

sounds yummy! i think i am coming there to eat : ) fried green tomatoes are all i could muster right now