Saturday, February 21, 2009

Death By Running...

I would have preferred the death by chocolate version today...finished out the distance series today...it was miserable. I knew something was up when my heart rate decided to jump up into (and stay in) the 170's and I was barely moving faster than my normal weekend long run pace...heading the body I decided today was better spent not nauseous and dizzy, but man, if my heart rate approached anywhere near the high 160's (a place I run most of my high end (or is it low end?...the fast end...whatever that is)tempo runs...and even some of my interval work) the head started spinning...it sucked. We all have these runs though...or at least that's what I'm telling myself...I guess the last two weeks of me feeling like I'm falling apart was a prophecy! The hubby was uber-sympathetic, offering me the fact that I'm just getting old...good for me I'm not nearly as close to dead as he is!! JK! Weather was nice though...clear skies and a little breezy, but good running weather. Tomorrow I wimp out on the cold rainy weather...Iron Sue and I have a date with Troy...be still my beating heart! :)

3 comments:

Lee the Cyclist said...

Sounds like a tough run. But you pressed on so good for you. It's funny how different we all are. On climbs my heart rate regularly hits 175 and I can actually still carry on a conversation. My cruising HR is about 10 beats faster then anyone in my group. Enjoy your Sunday with Troy.

Eduardo said...

Hell, figured out your HR spike. Must have been thing about Coach Troy, during your race (& possibly concerned about Chelle miving in on your "Troy Turf")!;-)>

Congrat's on your overall DS finish! (& your new jacket)

Michelle said...

For sure there are no concerns about me moving in on any turfs...she is miles (literally) ahead of me in all arenas but I did figure out how to load Troy and his annoying perkiness along with his fat running friends (aka motivation) onto my ipod. Now if I could just get my dissertation to write itself so I actually had time to run, bike or swim!?*