Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hi Mom and Dad...

...I'm still alive!! You know you need to post something on your blog when your mom calls and says, "Well we hadn't heard from you in a couple of days and you haven't updated your blog..."! Duly noted. My lack of blogging (and calling my parents...) is due to a lack of time...who knew a 15 minute shift in work schedule could cause such a problem! Starting Monday I'm going to try a different approach to getting it all in...maybe it'll free up some time...if it doesn't...I'm counting on day light savings time to get more sunshine in the evening!
Luckily, not much new is going on...I had the opportunity to run the inaugural Virginia is for Lovers 14K as part of Team Kainer this morning...it was a great first time race with only a few snags that I'm sure will be fixed in the future...well attended and I think that by far it had one of the best race shirts I've ever gotten...long sleeved...good quality and I don't have to worry when I spill red gatorade on it (like I did my sweatshirt this morning even before the race started)!! The winding course traversed the sportsplex grounds and surrounding vicinity...I hear even Cuz found the amphitheater with only a minor wrong turn...which is good since he was bike leader extraordinaire this morning! Most importantly it looked as if Fun was had by all!!

I hope everyone is enjoying Valentine's Day with someone special or at least has the dog or cat to cuddle with!! Happy Saturday! :)

1 comment:

Eduardo said...

Interesting course. Suprised your Garmin didn't overload, what with all those turns! Reminds me of a science project we did in school. You see we took this piece of cheese, & a live mouse........