Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's Here!!!

After a couple years talking about it, looking for the perfect fit, thinking about it, looking again, thinking again and then much debate, the new couch has finally arrived!! I never realized what a big decision furniture was...over 10 years ago when we first got a couch we had two things in mind while looking...cheap but comfortable. This time around we had to be committed to our decision, find something affordable, comfortable, durable, dog friendly (because at our house the dogs tend to make themselves comfortable...usually at the expense of the "master's" comfort), went with the decor in the room (not an issue with apartment white walls) and we would like for many years to come. And just to prove that this couch was our destiny, we would have never even seen it had we not cut through the furniture store on the way to patronize the Geek's restaurant! So with that...the new couch came in...the old couch went to the dump...I think I saw a tear in the dogs' eyes as we hauled it out to the truck...I can guarantee there were no tears shed by the master at the dump...sorry boys!

A warm welcome to my sister, who finally decided to leave me a comment under her own name....but hasn't signed up as a follower quite yet...whatareyouwaitingfor Mooch??!! Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! :)

4 comments:

Eduardo said...

OMG, color coordinated w/ the rug AND throw Pillows!?!?! Wow, but where are "the boys"? Maybe they don't want to get on it with that "new smell" smell, it must have.
(btw, is that one of those new, cool blankets with arms, I've seen on the commercials??)

Michelle said...

OMG Iwas gonna say the same thing as Ed...totally impressed with the color coordination. You know I am a follower but if it makes you happy and feeds your ego I will sign up as a follower officially! Great day for an outside run...gotta love spring even if it only lasts for 12 hours! The boys will undoubtedly make themselves comfy on the new furniture : )

Lee the Cyclist said...

If I had to guess, I'd say you got a larger couch so that you would have someplace to sit. It looks like your boys covered most the old one. Sherry and I have been there. You know, when you have kick one of your mutts of the couch just so you can sit down.

BTW - I still want to be your dogs. Especially now that I would have a new sofa to sleep on.

beth said...

the room looks great and love the rug, too!