Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SNOW!!!

In case you didn't hear, it was supposed to snow today...they closed schools...the salt trucks were out...and well...not even a snow flake...but we were prepared!! :)
In other really exciting news, the second race of the distance series is this weekend...thankfully I am now breathing much easier so hopefully it'll be a bit more enjoyable than the last time--wish me luck! Otherwise I'm trying to get used to the new work schedule and figure out how to get my runs and swims in on the same day without running out of time. I'm thinkin' Jimbo's got a mole that follows me around since just this past weekend I was thinking out loud on my long run how Drill Night Mondays haven't been too drill filled...boy was that a premature thought!! A main set of 3600 meters of drilling last night...I will never complain again...or at least you won't hear me because I'm drowning trying to figure out how to do change 10 and breathe while staying afloat without fins OR water wings...wasn't pretty...but at least I wasn't in the early onset dementia lane, so I've got something going for me!
Hope every one's having a fun filled Inauguration day!!

3 comments:

Eduardo said...

Ouch. ;-)>

Lee the Cyclist said...

No snow for us either but we have had to deal with a lot more ice on the road then usual. Your blog also is a nice continuous reminder of why I don't swim. Hang in there. Soon it will be hot and muggy and you may remember these days more fondly.

Michelle said...

We had a snow day and actual snow to go with it!!!