Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Confessions...

I need to come clean about a couple of things...
Yes, it was me that brought the carrot cake into work yesterday...I know you are all on some kinda new fangle diet to celebrate the new year, but really, it's made with a vegetable, and for the record, I didn't hold your mouth open and force you to eat it...so please stop telling me about how I'm ruining your diet while you eat the moist, cream cheese frosting covered delight...and just admit, it was good AND worth a few extra calories!

I rode my trainer today...for the first time in a couple months...D I know I promised to get on the bike a few times in the month of December but I just couldn't get past admiring it while it sat quietly on the trainer all clean and sparkly...although for the record, the bike told me it didn't want to get all sweaty and who am I to argue with the blue roo?!...glad today was an aerobic workout 'cause that "test" Thursday will probably kill me! It was nice knowing everyone...JK!

I love Bret Michael's Rock of Love...some time during the first season I got sucked in, and while I knew neither of the final two was a good choice, you went ahead with the young one ensuring a season 2...I can respect that, you are a rock star! And watch season 2 I did....RELIGIOUSLY...and while I though you had made a better choice, I wasn't entirely surprised when VH1 announced season 3..."HI-OOOOO" the drama...I'm so glad for this guilty pleasure while I sweat away on the trainer...my only complaint...the new TV (yes dear, the one above the fireplace that I NEVER wanted there for fear it would melt) is no where near the right viewing angle for riding...good think I've got a massage scheduled tomorrow to help with the crick in my neck! Oh, and Bret, even though you swear there will be no season 4, I promise to watch! :)
In other news...the essay is done...now all I have to do is study for the GRE's...so if anyone out there wants to start sending me new vocabulary words, please feel free to do so...but make sure they are something random or at least a normal every day word that has an obscure meaning, because otherwise, I'm sure it will never show up on the test! Also a big thanks to the master's swimmers for inviting me to your annual New Year's Day swim...I was a little disappointed last year that I didn't garner an invite, but am honored I was included this year on the 15 year tradition...Jimbo and Boston Mary thanks also for the AWESOME breakfast...the food was amazing and the door prizes fabulous. Thanks also to Mike for taking and sharing photos like this one....
...oh, and if you get the time, meander over to the Rainmaker's Blog he's on an epic trip and has some really awesome photos up. Happy Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

Lee the Cyclist said...

Cool post! So many things to comment on. Make sure you get your neck taken care of so it's not an excuse for staying off the trainer. Speaking of excuses. I have done nothing since New Year's Day. I had planned some rest days then I ended up getting sick. I'm hoping to get to my routine this weekend.

Keep up all the good work and good luck with your test.