Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!!

Happy 2009 Everybody!! Well I started my quest to rediscover my inner athlete today at the Tidewater Striders' Distance Series Race #1. They hold this series every year during January and February as prep races for the Shamrock Marathon and half marathon. You have the option of either running a 10K, 15K and 20K or a 20K, 25K and 30K...after coming to terms with my ego after my disastrous race at Richmond this fall, I decided it would be much better to focus on events that would aid my race at Eagleman in June and not attempt an early season marathon...so I opted for the 10K today...and considering I've been battling some chest/sinus cold the past two weeks I was glad I did!! While I wasn't near race speed today, I did survive and make it back to my car (notice the map...duh, turn the garmin off!)...and the weather was pretty nice considering yesterday's cold rain. The upcoming week brings me back to full time training...so by tomorrow I will have that essay done...which means that I will actually have to get back on the bike instead of just looking at it and pay a little more attention to what I eat...I guess it was time to hang up the cookies anyway! Hope everyone had a good start to their 2009, Happy Training!

1 comment:

Eduardo said...

Nice work, especially since you were feeling a bit "under the weather" (I checked results)! Good way to start the new year