Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Belated Christmas!

Despite the rumors, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! After spending an awesome weekend with the parental units celebrating Christmas belatedly, catching up with friends and actually catching a glimpse of the nocturnal animal we call Geek, I've been trying to get things done around the house, work and get all those workouts in to boot...funny how quickly you forget how much time two workouts a day take! I think I've had the same conversation with my ego on several occasions the past two weeks...it goes something like this...
ego...ugh, I can't believe that interval was so slow
me...it wasn't that slow
ego...well a few months ago you were easily holding this interval, now you are struggling
me...hello, it's January...relax, it all takes time
...anyone else in the same dilemma?? I know I have plenty of time for my upcoming season, and I need to be patient...I just need to keep reminding the ego!
So other important things...The 2008 Rock of the Year is Copper! Yes, while most kids believe the only reason they'd ever get a rock in their stockings is because they've been bad, at our house, we'd be worried we were bad if we didn't get a rock...having a rock jock for a dad, we learned to love all things rocks, minerals and mines at an early age! And we got a bonus rock this year, taconite pellets...all uniform in size, unlike those we used to collect at the train tracks on the way up to visit the grandparents in the UP of MI. I'll have to post pictures once the hubby brings home the camera!
I also got in a great run along the Silver Crescent Trail...


a nice change in scenery and mother nature decided to wait to rain/snow until I got home...Thanks to Sonia and the rest of the Pacers gang that let me tag along for their run!
And most importantly we got to catch up with friends we haven't seen in a while...it's amazing how quickly kids grow up...I used to think people were silly every time they saw me and the first thing they said is, "oh, look how big you've gotten..."...I totally get it now!
But now back to the daily grind...I was glad to see Mr. My Sweatshirt Is too Small to Cover My Belly on the trail during my intervals today...although along with his belly...he had shorts on, and while our weather is in no way as cold as it is up north...it is darn cold here...I looked like the stay puff marshmallow girl compared to him...BURR!! I wonder what happens if your beer belly gets frostbite....ok, maybe I shouldn't wonder!
I hope everyone is having a great week so far...stay warm...it's off to bed early for me...gotta get some GRE studying done...I'm sure that'll be exciting! :)

2 comments:

Lee the Cyclist said...

Nicole - sounds like a great way to start the year. I have been a little down and out and so I have done nothing. Good luck with the studying and test.

Eduardo said...

Wow, "sock rocks"! Actually sound pretty cool.Sound's like you had a good run too. Hope the "Rent's" are doing good.
Enjoy Your Studying!