Monday, November 24, 2008

1st Run Post-Marathon...

Me: I think I'll go for a little 40 minute run
Body: WHAT??!! I've been enjoying lounging on the couch taking naps
Me: Well I'll just keep my heartrate in the low 150's
Body: 150's??!! I can keep it in the 80's if you'd just lay down on the couch
Me: I'm going...
Body: How about the 60's??
Me: I'm going...
Body: I'll teach you a lesson...
Me: Ugh, I guess running a marathon does make you tired...
Body: Zing, right IT band take that!
Me: ouch...my legs feel like lead...
Body: HA! Told ya you should've just taken that nap...

...nothing like a little run to remind you that you aren't invincible!!

2 comments:

Naynay said...

I was going to go for a run today but after I read about your post-marathon run I decided to take a nap instead..

Nicole said...

Good choice Nay!