Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Trot 2008

One of the best things about Thanksgiving around here is the local Turkey Trot, an awesome event (one of many) put on by the local running club to raise funds for their scholarship fund. Last year I missed this event, IMFL had sapped me of my immunity from the roving cold so I was sick sick sick...the year before, it rained for this event...cold, pouring down rain...fun to run in, but once you stopped...brrrr! But today it was beautiful outside, crisp, clear blue skies and lots of sunshine!! And still being in recovery mode allowed me to run a relaxed race with no time goal what-so-ever...talk about heaven...I love runs like today!! So, a few pics and a wish that everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving and was able to enjoy good food and good company!






Today's fabulous venue!

2 comments:

Eduardo said...

What a beautiful day for a run, especially with the clear skys & cool temps.

Thanks to you & Jen for the "Butt Grab", to help my pace for the final mile.

P.S. The "run skirt" looked good flying by!

Rainmaker said...

Very nice. It's funny, my turkey trot also has a very round about kinda course - all over the place!