Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Raining...

...It's pouring, the old man is snoring...he bumped his head, and he went to bed and couldn't get up in the morning...
After much thought, I've determined that this nursery rhyme will be my theme for Saturday's race! I've retrospectively analyzed the weather conditions for all of my races this year (OK so there were only about 10 running or triathlon related races for the whole year, but it was a recovery and rejuvenation year!) and determined that about half had something in common...RAIN. It all started with a cross country series back in January...sprinkled for the first race, POURED (think a good foot of standing water and mud that would suck even the tightest tied running shoe off your foot thanks to the two loop course) for the third race...then there was the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, more rain...thank goodness that mom and dad athletic supporters (AKA the jock straps!) live a quick car ride away because it was wet...then that 1/2IM in NJ, OK so it poured the night before and sprinkled a little in the morning but did become a bright sunshiny day, so maybe that only half counts...a sprint triathlon in September put the bible to shame...pouring rain, swarming mosquitoes, thunder, lightening, the whole 9 yards...and finally the wettest Race for the Cure since the one in Washington in 2004 where my girlfriends and I lost our moms (only temporarily...they will never be in charge of the cell phones again though...I'm glad my mom has learned her lesson...they only work when you answer them!!). Saturday's weather forecast, SURPRISE calling for 40% chance of rain!! But it's fine by me...I've had some of my strongest races in the rain this year and trained in torrential downpours...so Mother Nature...go ahead...rain on me...I guarantee it won't ruin my day!

4 comments:

BreeWee said...

Oh lucky you, another race in 2008! Man, this off-season thing is starting to become a pain!

Hey, you totally have to post your IM FL finish! You are an Ironman!!! AND glad you started blogging ( I read that this is semi new)!

Eduardo said...

I think Coleybear's prowess in the water (pool or open water) tranfers over to great performances in the rain, "weather" it be running, biking, or triathlon.

Mica said...

Urgh, I just heard about the forecast for Saturday from my mom in RVA. Good luck!

Lee the Cyclist said...

I say bring on the rain. I really enjoy running and riding in the rain. I think it gives me something else to focus on. Now heat is my nemisis.

Best of luck on the race.