Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Tribute to Stevie G!!

It seems that I may have forgotten to explain the whole blog thingie to Stevie G...you see, just the other day he logged on...and the first thing he sees is STEVE IN A SPEEDO! GROSS's link (one of the funniest blogs I've read) and he asks himself, "is this a bad joke--it was only once--hanging up in my room--and I didn't even know you then?!" You see, this is the man that has heard my entire position paper on Men In Speedos at least 300 times while running, biking and even swimming...he's listened intently (or at least pretended to listen intently) as I've explained why one guy or another really doesn't meet my mantastic speedo wearing qualifications...and they are quite stringent...he's got the speedo (or shall we say lack thereof) thing down pat! We even have an unspoken agreement that if either one of us has a suit or tri-shorts that are not quite doing their job covering things up, we are to tell the other so as to save the potential horrible embarrassment and awkward social moment. And for the record I have never seen him in a speedo...not even pictures...even though I'm sure somewhere in his safe Cuz has got some!! (muah hahahahaha!)
But back on task...Stevie G, I know you've got it figured out by now that I wasn't joking you...and while I blame my late summer training slump and lack of motivation completely on you and your broken ankle...I just want you to know you are one of my favorite people to run, drink and shoot the S%$# with...if I was stranded for a non-mechanical reason somewhere on a long bike ride without nourishment, I would choose to be stranded with you because I know you'll have an extra powerbar to share (...although if I had a flat tire I'd have to reconsider!! Hee Hee!!) ...And I can think of no one better to kick my butt in the open water than you...so check back often, because if I'm going to make fun of you, you know I'll be making more fun of myself first!! (and of course I'd ask if I could make fun of you publicly first!) :)

Two other very important things I've discovered during this marathon recovery thing...
1. I like regular oreos better than double stuffed
2. Marshmallow fluff is equivalent to crack cocaine...I'm addicted!

1 comment:

Eduardo said...

Yes, many pictures in the "safe", including those of you, Stevie G, Nay Nay, Team WTF??, & even some of girls in various stages of undress (even completely undressed). But none, I repeat NONE , of a man in a speedo !! Not even any that may fall into your stringent 2% rule! ;-)>

As for thread bare Tri-Shorts....