Sunday, November 9, 2008

Richmond...

To distract me from watching the weather channel like it's a movie just to catch the 10 day forecast for Saturday's projected weather (like it's gonna change every 8 minutes!) I decided to put the gang up on the blog so that when I write about who did what on Saturday people will have faces and names...although, their names may have been changed to protect the innocent!
First the Boys...Stevie G. and Cuz...
Stevie G. (short for Stevie Gonzales, because I'm certain he is a direct ancestor of Speedy Gonzales) AKA ARMS (ladies if you have ever body marked him you know what I'm talking about!!) will be walking the 8K...you see, he was supposed to be running the marathon with me, but an unfortunate mis-step in the middle of the night over his dog back in July left him in a nice, big, blue cast for about 6 weeks. Saturday will be exactly 4 months since the break and we are all psyched that he's back walking fairly normally...but SG, just because you dodged the bullet this time, don't get too confident, because there will be another marathon for you...count on it!! :)

I'm sure you all recognize Cuz because he is everywhere!! No matter where you are he knows someone...I've recommended many times that he run for mayor but he decided his political aspirations had to wait until he runs the half marathon Saturday. Now, he'll tell you this is his first half marathon, but don't be fooled...it is his first STAND ALONE half, but the man has done a couple of half Ironmen so I'm confident he'll have no issues with this distance...especially since he even took a gel during his last 10 mile training run!!
The Girls...Nay Nay and myself...

...Yeah, I know I'm in an inflatable flamingo outfit, but this is what you get when you send harassing emails to your friends trying to get them to run a marathon for weeks and weeks until they cave in and sign up!! This will be Nay Nay's first marathon and I predict it'll be a Boston qualifier for her...she's super FAST even when she's not wearing that Wonder Woman outfit!!
...and me...I'm hoping for a BIG PR!! Wish us luck!!
Quick shout outs to Cuz on his super fast 50 and awesome 1500 at yesterdays VAMST swim meet...your flips turns were good AND you went off the blocks...and to Jimbo on his awe inspiring 50 Fly and 100 IM...way to not get chicked boys, we're all proud of you!! Billy Bob, we missed ya, but riding a camel is way more fun!! Now, back to the weather channel!!

No comments: