Friday, December 26, 2008

So What Was In The Box??!!




YES ladies and Gentlemen...that is a MONKEY on my Christmas Tree!!! And that my friends is what was in the box!! OK, so it's a seemingly random gift...a monkey puppet...but it's got a long story starting in 1984 when my parents traveled to California and brought back two things that would alter my life as I knew it...the first we didn't find out about for a couple months, but I can whole heartedly say that even though I celebrate an anniversary of the day he ruined my life with him on December 5th, he didn't really ruin my life...well maybe just a little!! JK Geeko! Anyway, they also brought back a monkey puppet for me and several years later while we were away on vacation, some bad person broke into our house and basically took many things from my room...gym clothes...babysitting money...swim bag...but most importantly the monkey. Over the years, a family wide search effort has been made to locate another monkey puppet without success until obviously this summer when my favorite sister travelled to California and ironically must have found this puppet. While he is not an exact replica...for the record the original one was a girl...I think his older, wiser, Bret Michaels rock star look if fitting for this point in my life! So there you have it...only thing left is the name him...anyone got a suggestion?!!??!!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah etc etc...I promise to make an effort to take a picture of the flamingos during the day this weekend....once the neighbors leave their house!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great monkey even if I do say so myself and according to your brother in law it looks better without the tree up his butt (or other names for butts). I had an excellent name this summer that was sort of like Madeline but more masculine now I can't remember. The store was really cool and had lots of great puppets and the guy even knew exactly what I was talking about because he probably sold the first one to mom and dad a million years ago. The other cool thing was the store was on the same pier where the sea lions hang out which you also would have liked!

Unknown said...

Also...sea lions in San Fransisco swim right along side the members of the Bay Area Tri Club who swim in dry suits in the bay and ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty scenery but some very serious hills!

Lee the Cyclist said...

Nicole - I have tried to think of a name for your monkey on my rides and runs but everything I come up with seems to have a vulgarity to it that I can only assume comes from the picture.

Chris - I live an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge and have seen that tri group at races. They are some pretty bad-ass tri geeks.

Nicole said...

I know what you mean Lee!! Maybe if I took him off the top of the christmas tree! I think that "Chris" is actually my sister using my brother as an alias...but I do wish I was a bad-ass Tri girlie! :)