Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Swim Torture Jimbo's Way!

Tonight at swim torture I learned the real meaning of the "+" sign...or at least what Jimbo means when he writes it into the workout....now mind you it took me two explanations and the first 700 of the set, but I totally understand now....so in case anyone out there attends torture in the near future....when the set reads...
3x700 RI 2:00
Break 300+500
middle 200 hard, remember time
300-:10-200-:10-200
...the "+" means "&"!!
But before I figured this out I tried to figure out how 300+500=700 and how funny it was going to be to nail Jimbo in one of my blog entries for his mathematical skilz...I forgot my 200 time and then while he was yelling and meanly scowling at me he explained (a little exasperated I might add) that the breaks in the 700's were at the 300 and 500....then my light bulb went on, my cap turned back to a lovely shade of orange and I completed the next two 700's without incident AND I remembered my 200 time despite a clock malfunction!! Gotta love the torture...I'll do better next week Jimbo I promise...I'll be in a little better swim shape...and hopefully that will translate into more oxygen to the brain therefore better mental acuity while swimming!

3 comments:

Rainmaker said...

I hate swim math. Especially when I can't both add and remember what lap I'm on. Just a big ol' swim-math fail.

Btw, here's a photo (really expanded) of the recipe:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Wo8yCZ1eTVw/SUBtbjfRE6I/AAAAAAAAGtw/cUGbKqhvTJM/s1600-h/IMG_1516%5B3%5D.jpg

Lee the Cyclist said...

I have enough trouble just remembering to breathe let alone work out math or secret codes. I can see the headlines now. Local drowns in pool during workout. When asked what happened another swimmer said "He couldn't do math and breathe at the same time."

Eduardo said...

Then there were the final 5x300 RI 1:00 to finish off the evening before cool down....