Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let the Funky Tan Lines Begin!!

This is how last week started out here...while my chucklehead doesn't mind bad weather...in fact I'm convinced the worse the weather, the longer he stays outside...I'm a total cold weather wimp. So imagine my joy when the temps warmed up here starting on Friday...Saturday came and I enjoyed a nice long run in the park in shorts...and today...Iron Sue and I hit the open road...unlike our last attempt which I can only qualify as pitiful, this was an awesome ride...50 miles to enjoy the warmer temps, curse the wind (man it was blowing!), see what Coach Troy has done for us during our long trainer sessions and of course start those AWESOME tan lines our athletic apparel produces!!

Iron Sue poses with her bike!

Me with the Blue Roo...

...a really bad attempt to get a photo of both of us...I'll work on that!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!! :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

the warm temps are going away here : ( sadly...I must say cause it was lovely now if only all the baby showers and bridal showers would stop so i can get out and ride...

Lee the Cyclist said...

Glad to see you were able to get out on the road. Our rained cleared but it was still 35 at ride time so no funky tan lines for us just yet. Soon though, very soon.

Steve Stenzel said...

AHH!! I wanna ride outside!!! It's 1 degree right now in MN!! ONE!!

Oh, and congrats on your 2.5 hours on the trainer!! NICE!!

Eduardo said...

Doesn't seem like the upcoming weekend's weather will be as conducive for "solar coloration", of course you never know in Va. Bch. Thinking you'll probably be hanging out w/ Coach Troy again (& trying to coax Chucklehead back inside).