Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MIA

Yep, I've been MIA...between workouts and home improvement mayhem at the homestead, I haven't had much time...nor any random, funny thoughts! Even worse than your mom worrying that you were dead because your blog hasn't been updated in (gasp) a full week, is your sister trying to get her Easter card up!! Mooch...there are rules to this blog...first is you can't be greedy...just because some of your other cards have made it up here, doesn't mean the Easter card does...even if it it has marshmallow peeps on it!! We've gotta keep you busy...trying to find that elusive card that will some day make it's way back up here!!

The last few weeks I've spent wrapping up the big training miles for Whitelake (70.3) the first weekend of May. While this is a race to gauge where I'm at and where I need to go before Eagleman, I'm still a bit nervous...the weather here hasn't been as conducive as it usually is to getting out on the bike. Most of my long rides have been spent in hellacious headwinds, which is good practice but very demoralizing at the same time!! But we've been blessed with some good weather (and some more wind dammit!) so I've been out and about a few times and feeling a bit more confident. However, it's also the start of tourist season here which inherently means a good game of Frogger when around the oceanfront...what happened to looking both ways before crossing streets??!! I digress!

The past weekend was spent installing recessed lighting in the front living room...what is it with old houses that don't have any overhead lighting??...and putting together and securing to the wall two beautiful glassed door bookcases...the room almost looks like an adult lives here...if it weren't for the futon!! In my defense, I couldn't give the futon up...the dogs love it because they can sit and watch the world go by out the window and I feel it provides me an added layer of security...seriously, wouldn't you think twice about robbing a house with this...

....and this....


....standing up in the window like Sasquatch, using their big dog bark?!?!! Vicious I tell ya, absolutely vicious! Plus, in a pinch the futon gives me an additional space to sleep guests...if anyone ever came to visit me!! JK parentals...I know you were just here!! So I'll leave ya with a photo of the newly improved room...forgive the computer table...it's a mess...but...WE'VE GOT LIGHT!!! :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

jack and bear are way cuter than the easter card...but it did make you laugh i bet : ) love the cabinets almost as much as jack loves the futon. by the way he seems very unphased by the addition of the bookcases but they do look very grown up. happy racing and just remember those apple iie frogger skills, you knew they would come in handy!

Rainmaker said...

Must be nice to be in taper now for the big race next weekend. Tapers are fun!

beth said...

Impressive!